Sunday, June 15, 2008

More beige removal

The Inspiration.


I used paint from SW's Jazz Age collection. I didn't like a lot of the color combinations so I just picked two I liked. Alexandrite and Silver Gray. I changed the hardware on both of these dressers. The short white one used to be my son's with a yellow and orange stain job. It also had depictions of little men at battle, so it was definitely time for a makeover.








I'm not quite sure about the shape, but it's what I envisioned for the room (it's somewhat smaller than I imagined). It's 5'x5' point to point. I used textured metallic spray paint on the shelves and outlet covers.

The small cabinet on the wall and the bookshelf are where the idea got started. Military housing usually has white walls, so I used the Art Deco book to paint more interesting furniture. When we moved, I found the 1920's paint chips and decided to coordinate.



I replaced the light cover from country kitsch to a pseudo deco looking cover.












The Before.








1 comment:

  1. I really like what you did with your home. You have great ideas. I am sorry I haven't written earlier. I didn't realize you had a blog. Thanks again for all the help with Abby.

    ReplyDelete