Thursday, May 8, 2008

A work in progress


This is the other half of our kitchen. We had more wallpaper removal in here, as well as faux wood laminate that went halfway up the damn wall. I tried my best to make the walls smooth enough for paint but it didn't work out. I ended up buying textured, paintable wallpaper. My favorite part about the kitchen is the glass tile on the countertops. The pictures don't do them justice, but the tiles actually look like Jolly Ranchers. They are mostly in primary and secondary colors, with traditional "tattoo" picture tiles as well. I got them at http://www.modwalls.com/ I based my design on the design that's posted on their website. I added more colors though. Hopefully by the end of the month the cabinets will be New Ebony, and the hardware will match the fake metal backsplash.



We liked the kinda sorta retro style of our stove top, so we kept it.



The backsplash behind the sink.

A little close-up of one of the picture tiles.




The plastic panel kept falling on us so we replaced the fluorescent light with recessed lighting.







The After (so far).



The before, with the our realtor Trish, and my husband Andy







1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thank you for promoting our Tile Tattoos! We absolutely LOVE what you've done with them! Don't forget to email jpeg photos of your entire kitchen once its completed. We pay $50 cash or $100 store credit for customers' installation images that we use on our website. Best wishes for years of enjoyment in your fun new kitchen! Rebecca at modwalls.com

    ReplyDelete